Apollo Athletics All-Steel Macebell - Mace Club - Gada Club - The Mace Bell is a safer, more versatile alternative to a traditional sledge hammer for tire slams and other sledgehammer cross-training exercises. Because of the rounded and evenly weighted head, the exerciser is less likely to experience a dangerous rebound or twist in the handle from impact at an odd angle. Because it is all steel construction, macebells are virtually indestructible and you won’t have to worry about broken handles from repetitive strikes against heavy-duty tractor tires. Mace Bells can be used not just for improved tire workouts, but also incorporated into rotational movement training, shoulder presses, and other core training exercises. And, while you can certainly use a macebell for sledgehammer workouts, you cannot use a sledgehammer for macebell workouts. Due to the longer length and evenly weighted head design, a workout with a fixed-weight mace bell involves much more concentrated handling of leverage and centrifugal force trajectories.
What is a Macebell? The heavy mace, also known as the “Gada,” originated in India as developed by the ancient Persian warrior elite and is still one of the traditional pieces of training equipment in modern Hindu physical culture. The gada “war club” is essentially a blunt spherical weighted head mounted on a shaft, traditionally made of either wood or metal. The weight and length of the mace club used will depend on the strength level and skill level of the exerciser. When used for physical fitness training, the mace is swung behind the back, around the head, and overhead in several different ways to strengthen and tax the entire upper body, build grip strength, and develop upper body endurance. Some will equate the leverage workload of a mace bell to that of a kettlebell on the end of a shaft, meaning the longer the shaft and farther away the weighted ball is from the exerciser’s center of gravity, the heavier the load will feel and the more resistance will be applied during exercise. And, because of the uneven weight distribution and lack of counterbalance, the exerciser must apply force when twisting, pushing and pulling against gravity, therefore both using momentum AND fighting against it at the same time for a comprehensive strength training workout using power muscle groups as well as smaller muscle stabilizers combined.
What are the benefits of Macebell Training? Using a power mace will help you effectively train and condition your entire body while mimicking real world movements. With the mace bell you can perform paddle swings, gravediggers, tire slams, jousts, kayaks, paddle boarding, overhead presses, pendulum swings, overhead squats, barbarian squats, 360 swings, around the head swings, ballistic hand to hand transfers, and many more functional training exercises. Simulate combat movements, wrestling movements and grappling movements to develop speed, rotational power, muscular endurance, grip strength, increased lung capacity, dexterity and control.
NOTE: Mace training is a skill that needs to be developed and executed with caution and awareness at all times when exercising. Be sure to pay attention to yourself and your surroundings while honing your warrior skills with this serious tool – a macebell can crush drywall or a mirror as easily as enemy armor like it was originally intended!
- M-BELL-10 – Single 10 pound Mace Bell
- M-BELL-15 – Single 15 pound Mace Bell
- M-BELL-20 – Single 20 pound Mace Bell
- M-BELL-25 – Single 25 pound Mace Bell
- M-BELL-30 – Single 30 pound Mace Bell
- M-BELL-35 – Single 35 pound Mace Bell
- M-BELL-40 – Single 40 pound Mace Bell
- M-BELL-SET – One each 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35 and 40 pound Mace Bell Set
Mace Bell Features:
- Commercial heavy-duty quality for use in all types of facilities
- All steel construction
- Evenly weighted and completely spherical head (no flat top)
- Head is fully welded to handle
- Extended handles for greater leverage than traditional sledge hammers
- Knurled “Safety Grip” extends 9.75 inches from base of handle and then again 9.75 inches from middle of handle towards head, ensuring solid grip even with sweaty hands
- Weight increment stamped on the base of the handle for easy identification
- Black gloss finish
- 30 day manufacturer warranty
- M-BELL-10: Overall Length - 40.30” / Head Diameter - 3.5” / Handle Length - 37” / Handle Grip Diameter - 1.63”
- M-BELL-15: Overall Length - 41.20” / Head Diameter - 4.3” / Handle Length - 37” / Handle Grip Diameter - 1.63”
- M-BELL-20: Overall Length - 41.75” / Head Diameter - 4.7” / Handle Length - 37” / Handle Grip Diameter - 1.63”
- M-BELL-25: Overall Length - 42.00” / Head Diameter - 5.1” / Handle Length - 37” / Handle Grip Diameter - 1.63”
- M-BELL-30: Overall Length - 42.25” / Head Diameter - 5.4” / Handle Length - 37” / Handle Grip Diameter - 1.63”
- M-BELL-35: Overall Length - 42.50” / Head Diameter - 6.0” / Handle Length - 37” / Handle Grip Diameter - 1.63”
- M-BELL-40: Overall Length - 43.00” / Head Diameter - 6.3” / Handle Length - 37” / Handle Grip Diameter - 1.63”
Shipping Dimensions by Size (Boxed):
- M-BELL-10: 41.25” x 4.75” x 4.25” (12 lbs)
- M-BELL-15: 42.25” x 4.75” x 5.25” (17 lbs)
- M-BELL-20: 42.50” x 5.25” x 5.75” (22 lbs)
- M-BELL-25: 43.00” x 5.50” x 6.25” (27 lbs)
- M-BELL-30: 43.25” x 5.75” x 6.75” (32 lbs)
- M-BELL-35: 44.00” x 6.50” x 6.75” (37 lbs)
- M-BELL-40: 44.50” x 7.50” x 6.75” (42 lbs)
Orders under 150lbs total weight will be shipped UPS, FedEx or USPS.
Orders over 150lbs total weight will be shipped freight (SMW will not ship freight outside the continental US)
Show Me Weights uses various Freight carries to provide the best possible service and price for your shipment.
You CAN set up your own freight, but a BOL must be provide before the time of pick up, and palletizing fees may apply.
For the most accurate freight quote, call 636-326-1885 and press the SALES extension.
Orders paid with your PayPal account can ONLY be delivered to the address on the PayPal account.
Tracking information will be given upon request.
Items ordered online can be picked up in the store at no additional cost.
Show Me Weights can be deliver and install products within the St. Louis Metro Area. Pricing varies per item. Call for a quote.