- Bars and Collars
- Strength Accessories
- Plate Loaded Machines
- Selectorized Machines
- Group Exercise
- Strongman Equipment
- Home Gyms
- Rigs and Racks
- In Stock Items
- Gift Cards
PlateMate 2.5 lb. Brick - Reduce incremental weight stack increases or decreases with a magnetic PlateMate Brick. Each brick sticks to cast iron weight stacks via super strong magnets and adds 2.5 lbs. of weight. This allows the user to micro-load and safely increase the amount of resistance used for a particular exercise. When finished just stick and store the magnetic brick on the metal frame of the machine.
PlateMates make microloading easy at any professional or home gym with their revolutionary, patented super-strong magnetic design, three versatile styles - hex, ring, and brick - and micro increments from 5/8 lbs to 5 lbs.
Microloading with PlateMates is essential at all levels. Beginners are apt to do exercises properly and avoid injury. Intermediates stay motivated because they experience steady progress. Advanced lifters benefit because microloading helps them break through "the plateau" to achieve success at the highest level of weight training.
Plate Mates are ideal for physical therapy where small increases help patients regain strength without overburdening injured muscles and tendons.
NOTE: PlateMates will not stick properly to surfaces that are coated with rubber, urethane or any other coatings that inhibit magnetic attachment.
- (1) Plate Mate Brick - 2.5 lb.
- Includes (1) Brick Shaped Magnetic Add-On Weight, 2.5 lbs.
- Dimensions: 7-1/8" L x 2-1/8" W x 7/8" D
- Build strength steadily with 2.5 lb increments instead of the typical 10 or 15 lb increases
- Must come in direct contact with metal for an ultimate hold
- Will not magnetically stick properly to surfaces coated with rubber, urethane, plastic, neoprene, vinyl
- PlateMate has protective coating on the outer surface (opposite from magnets) so it does not scratch dumbbells, equipment, or other PlateMates during use or storage
- When the workout's finished, your brick attaches securely to the framework of the machine, so it is always easy to find
- Selectorized weight stack NOT included